T minus……Tough Guy Countdown!!!
As you can read here, and here I am entering the Tough Guy competition. It was an excuse to get fit and lose wieght really; with the added bonus of an enormous mental challenge to boot. And it is tomorrow!!!
My kit bag:
You can see:
- Cross country North Face running trainers, courtesy of Mark Hastings of Sandhurst fame.
- Creatine Tablets – for extra muscle power
- Dextrose tablets for energy
- Support socks with anti blister design
- Vaseline to ease chafing and to assist water runoff
- Duct tape to seal the top of my shoes and tie them onto my feet, lest the mud sucks them off!
- Pins to affix my running number to my shirt
- Gloves to protect my pinkies on the rope sections
- Spectators Passes for Maria and Karen (my sister in law)
- Parking Permit
- Death Warrant!!!!! this signs my life away…..
I ran 2 miles today with a couple of dextrose tablets and a dose of creatine and felt a million odllars by the time I got home. I am rather suprised that I am not nervous at all.
I predict a couple of my team members will drop out/not turn up, no names mentioned. I certainly wont, and I’ll post a picture of the medal on sunday evening.
Wish me luck – I’ll need it. 🙂